United States / December 05 2019
B-Reel LA is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join the team. We partner with tech giants and startups alike, even launching our own products and services from concept to market. Our output spans a wide spectrum of the latest emerging platforms encompassing real-time, interactive work, installations, game-like pieces, and digital products. Our goal is to make innovative experiences for brands and the full stack developer is key in driving this agenda from a technical perspective.
The full stack developer is responsible for the technical implementation of a project. Additional tasks include making technology recommendations for projects, design and architecture of technical solutions, implementing functionality and R&D.
The full stack developer has an understanding of all parts of a technical project and either carries out the implementation themselves or as part of a team. Being comfortable with integration of 3rd party services and server-less backend in projects is a must. The ability to create native applications with their respective language or React Native is a plus.
Since B-Reel is a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team is a must.
- Architect, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables for projects, along with the creatives and producers
- Detail oriented, with an eye for consistency and outstanding execution
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for one or more projects
- Contribute new processes to support technical architecture with the Technical Directors
- Collaborative problem solver that can discuss creative solutions to design challenges
- Long-term approach to solutions and consistent effort to minimize technical debt
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with front-end/full stack development in a professional setting
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Modern JS Tools (React, Vue, Next/Nuxt, Gatsby, GraphQL, Node.js)
- Build workflows/tools (NPM/Yarn, Webpack, Babel)
- Version Control and Issue Tracking (Git, GitLab)
- SASS or other CSS preprocessors
- CI/CD Pipeline and serverless backend knowledge
- Integration with other platforms (Shopify, Prismic/Contentful, etc)
- Familiar with Figma & Sketch
- Familiarity with three.js and/or WebGL/Shader programming
- An eye for animation/transitions using CSS/JS
- Other graphical framework knowledge (Paper.js, Pixi, d3)
- Other creative coding environment (Unity, openFrameworks)
- Server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, etc)
While we will consider visa applicants, preference will go to applicants with current valid US work authorization.
A few B-Reel perks:
- Five paid Free Fridays annually (in addition to yearly paid time off)
- All inclusive Health Insurance where B-Reel covers 85%
- Wellness Wednesday every other week, which includes reduced workday and monthly budget for wellness activities
- Yearly education allowance
- Paid parental leave according to Parental Pledge
- Family friendly! While this job does requiring being in the office, we are happy to discuss flexible hours for those with families or other personal matters to attend to.
B-Reel is a Creative Agency for modern brands like Google, Netflix, Bang & Olufsen and LVMH to name a few. B-Reel has studios in five cities. Besides Los Angeles, we are in New York, Stockholm, Barcelona and London. Our fantastic office is located in the heart of Venice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Underrepresented demographics are particularly encouraged to apply as we strive for a balanced and diverse team.